Virginia Learner's Permit
What to know before you go to the DMV:
You must be at least 15 years, six months of age before you can apply for your Virginia learner's permit. When applying, you must bring the following with you:
- Virginia Driver's License Application Form (DL1P)
- Proof of a social security number
- An original identification document certifying name and date of birth
- Proof of residency
- Proof of legal presence in the USA
In addition, you will be required pass a two-part sign and knowledge exam, as well as the vision test.
Prior to applying for a Virginia driver license, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years and three months old
- Complete a state-approved driver education program
- Hold a valid learner's permit for at least nine months
- Have driven a motor vehicle for at least 45 hours, at least 15 of which were after sunset, as certified by a parent or legal guardian
We conveniently offer Virginia Driver Education Online that fulfills driver education program requirements for home-schooled students and gives you the certificate of completion you need to get your learner's permit. The course is approved by the Virginia Department of Education and teaches you everything you'll need to know to as a first time driver. So, don't feel overwhelmed. Enroll today and take the first step towards earning your driver license.
Virginia Driver Education Online Course
Take the very first step in earning your driver license in Virginia and cruise through your 30-hour driver education program requirement. Our online course is approved by the Virginia DOE for home-schooled students and will provide you with the certificate of completion you need to submit before you can apply for your license.
Our online course is designed specifically for students who are at least 15 years and six months old and need to satisfy this requirement. That's why it's convenient, affordable and stress-free. Plus, you can take it on any mobile device — anywhere with internet access.
What to Expect:
This course consists of 12 chapters with easy-to-read lessons and a short quiz at the end of each lesson. You'll be able to review your quiz results immediately and see which questions, if any, you missed. You can even review your completed chapters again as many times as you'd like. It's that easy.
Once you have finished the chapters, you'll take a final exam that consists of 30 multiple choice questions. And don't worry — you'll pass with a score of 80% or higher. If your nerves get the best of you, simply retake the test as many times as you need.
Topics You'll Learn About:
Our Virginia Driver Education online course covers topics you'll need to know to be a safe driver on the road.
- Traffic Laws
- Driver Preparation
- Vehicle Movements
- Driver Readiness
- Risk Reduction (Management)
- Environmental Factors
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Adverse Conditions
- Vehicle Requirements
- Consumer Responsibility
- Personal Responsibility
- Virginia DOE-approved for home-schooled students
- Fulfills driver education classroom program requirement
- Downloadable certificate of completion
- Take on any mobile device
- Log on & off as needed, course saves your progress