The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles requires all students to complete a written test to get their Florida learner's permit. This test is available online through FirstTimeDriver.com. You can complete this exam 100% online and we will provide you the proof of completion you need to get your first driver's permit!
- Updated DMV exam allows more time to complete
- All materials - 100% Online
- FL DHSMV-authorized
- Automatic completion reporting to the DMV
- Permit exam prep also available!
*Note: You must be under the age of 18 to complete the online permit exam.
Florida Permit Test - What to Expect
Here's what to expect when taking your online permit exam.
- You will be tested on Road Rules and Road Signs.
- Questions are multiple choice and true/false.
- You have to pass with an 80% or higher.
- You can retake a failed exam up to two times online.
- Your completion is reported to the state real-time and you can apply for your learner's permit given you've met the requirements listed here: Florida Learner's Permit Requirements.